This summer, The Newark Museum of Art partners with the New Jersey Symphony Orchestra to bring you a vibrant outdoor series of concerts, films, and cultural celebrations. All programs will take place in the Museum’s Alice Ransom Dreyfuss Memorial Garden with a limited capacity and safety guidelines to ensure everyone has an enjoyable experience.
Tickets will be available on the websites of the NMOA and NJSO, and must be purchased in advance. No exceptions.
In compliance with Mayor Baraka and the City of Newark’s Executive Order on May 19, all visitors, aged 12 and up, to large cultural and recreation venues in Newark, including The Newark Museum of Art, must be fully vaccinated to gain entrance to the Museum. Note: Full vaccination means a minimum of two weeks after your second shot for Moderna and Pfizer and after the one shot for Johnson & Johnson.
As part of planning your visit, please be prepared to show proof of vaccination with copy of vaccination card or photo, along with personal identification. For children 12-16, identification is not required. This ordinance includes both the Alice Ransom Dreyfuss Garden and inside the Museum. This applies to all visitors, including Members of the Museum.
This order is in effect until further notice.
Major support provided by
Additional support provided by
For discount code for Members of The Newark Museum of Art (NMOA), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday, June 9, 7pm
NJSO Concert: Togetherness with Daniel Bernard Roumain
Wednesday, June 16, 7pm
NJSO Concert: Hearing and Healing with Daniel Bernard Roumain
Wednesday, June 23, 7pm
NJSO Concert: Price & Mendelssohn
Friday, June 25, 7pm
NMOA Concert: Caribbean Beats
Saturday, June 26, 10am
NJSO Family Program: All Around the World
Wednesday, July 7, 7pm
NJSO Concert: Mendelssohn & Coleridge-Taylor
Saturday, July 17, 7pm
NMOA Concert: Broadway in the Bricks
Wednesday, July 21, 7pm
NJSO Concert: Beethoven & Wind Serenades
Saturday, July 31, 10am
NJSO Family Program: Peter and the Wolf
Wednesday, August 11, 7pm
NJSO Concert: Who We Are with Daniel Bernard Roumain
Saturday, August 14, 10am
Family Program: NJSO Storytime
Saturday, August 21, 7pm
NMOA Concert: The Violin Diva
Thursday, August 26, 8pm
NMOA Family Movie Night: Home
Thursday, September 9, 7pm
NMOA Concert: An Evening of Jazz with Dara Tucker
Friday September 10, 7:30pm
NMOA You Pick the Movie Night!
The film will be selected amongst 4 family movie choices to be voted on social media.
Friday, September 24, 7pm
NMOA Concert: Mask-erade
- Access the event directly through the Alice Ransom Dreyfuss Memorial Garden gate, located near the Museum parking lot. Doors open at 6:15 pm.
- Please have your vaccination card (or photo of vaccination card) and photo ID ready to present upon entry. All visitors age 12+ must show proof of vaccination.
- Please have your digital or printed ticket ready to show to our Visitor Experience Assistant. You can find your digital ticket(s) in your confirmation email, your Eventbrite tickets page, or via your Eventbrite app. Membership cards and other applicable IDs will be verified upon entry.
- Event attendees must have their temperature screened upon entry to read below 100.4°F. Otherwise, they and their party, will not be admitted.
- Attendees must wear a mask unless eating or drinking. Musicians will not be masked during the performance. Staff, volunteers, and contractors will wear masks.
- Chairs will be set six feet apart. Attendees can move their chairs to sit next to their guest(s) once they arrive at their seat.
- No food or drinks will be available for purchase on the premises. Attendees may bring their own food and drinks. No alcohol allowed. Free water bottles will be available.
- Bathrooms will be accessible through the South Wing Entrance.