This summer, The Newark Museum of Art partners with the New Jersey Symphony Orchestra to bring you a vibrant outdoor series of concerts, films, and cultural celebrations. All programs will take place in the Museum’s Alice Ransom Dreyfuss Memorial Garden with a limited capacity and safety guidelines to ensure everyone has an enjoyable experience.
Tickets will be available on the websites of the NMOA and NJSO, and must be purchased in advance. No exceptions.
The Newark Museum of Art is operating under new protocols to keep our visitors and staff as safe as possible. As part of planning your visit, all visitors aged 12 and up must show proof of vaccination with a copy of vaccination card or photo, along with personal identification, or present a negative Covid-19 test from the last 72 hours. This includes both the Alice Ransom Dreyfuss Garden and inside the Museum.
Major support provided by
Additional support provided by
For discount code for Members of The Newark Museum of Art (NMOA), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday, June 9, 7pm
NJSO Concert: Togetherness with Daniel Bernard Roumain
Wednesday, June 16, 7pm
NJSO Concert: Hearing and Healing with Daniel Bernard Roumain
Wednesday, June 23, 7pm
NJSO Concert: Price & Mendelssohn
Friday, June 25, 7pm
NMOA Concert: Caribbean Beats
Saturday, June 26, 10am
NJSO Family Program: All Around the World
Wednesday, July 7, 7pm
NJSO Concert: Mendelssohn & Coleridge-Taylor
(Due to the excessive heat warning, the NMOA and NJSO have decided to postpone the Mendelssohn & Coleridge-Taylor concert to Tuesday, July 13th. Please visit njsymphony.org for updates.)
Saturday, July 17, 7pm
NMOA Concert: Broadway in the Bricks
PURCHASE TICKETS (SOLD OUT!)
Wednesday, July 21, 7pm
NJSO Concert: Beethoven & Wind Serenades
Saturday, July 31, 10am
NJSO Family Program: Peter and the Wolf
Saturday, August 14, 10am
Family Program: NJSO Storytime (CANCELED)
Tuesday, August 17, 7pm
NJSO Concert: Who We Are with Daniel Bernard Roumain
Saturday, August 21, 7pm
NMOA Concert: The Violin Diva (SOLD OUT!)
Friday, August 27, 7:30pm
NMOA Family Movie Night: Home (2015) (CANCELED DUE TO RAIN)
Thursday, September 9, 7pm
NMOA Concert: An Evening of Jazz with Dara Tucker
Friday September 10, 7:30pm
NMOA Movie Night: Soul (2020)
Friday, September 24, 7pm
NMOA Concert: Art After Dark: Rhythm & Flow
- Access the event directly through the Alice Ransom Dreyfuss Memorial Garden gate, located near the Museum parking lot.
- Please have your vaccination card (or photo of vaccination card) and photo ID or your negative Covid test ready to present upon entry. All visitors age 12+ must show proof of vaccination or negative test.
- Please have your digital or printed ticket ready to show to our Visitor Experience Assistant. You can find your digital ticket(s) in your confirmation email, your Eventbrite tickets page, or via your Eventbrite app. Membership cards and other applicable IDs will be verified upon entry.
- Event attendees must have their temperature screened upon entry to read below 100.4°F. Otherwise, they and their party, will not be admitted.
- Attendees must wear a mask unless eating or drinking. Musicians will not be masked during the performance. Staff, volunteers, and contractors will wear masks.
- Chairs will be set six feet apart. Attendees can move their chairs to sit next to their guest(s) once they arrive at their seat.
- No food or drinks will be available for purchase on the premises. Attendees may bring their own food and drinks. No alcohol allowed. Free water bottles will be available.
- Bathrooms will be accessible through the South Wing Entrance.