Thank you to all who participated in Camp Newark Museum this past summer.
Stay tuned for information about our 2020 program. Best ever!
Six Individual One-Week Sessions for Ages 3-14
2019 Theme: This is America
Come spend the summer with us at Camp Newark Museum, a fun, innovative six-week experience where children expand their knowledge through exploration of the Museum’s world class art and science collections. Arouse curiosity by investigating treasures made by man and by nature to gain a new perspective of the world around us. Campers transform materials using their imagination through our hands-on, inquiry driven S.T.E.A.M. curriculum, while also getting an insider’s view of the Museum’s expansive galleries.
In the words of a camp parent, “This camp rocks...[It’s] the magic, the intangibles, that enhance the program beyond measure. Camp Newark Museum is a S.T.E.A.M. program…joining a handful of trailblazing programs adding the Arts to S.T.E.M.(Science, Technology, Engineering and Math). The children don’t just study stars and dissect cow eyes, they sing, they dance, they study world-renowned and little-known artists, they draw and paint and mold, glass-blowing, maker-spacing, soul-inspiring ART. It’s outrageously wonderful.”
Each week your child will participate in:
• Daily insider’s tours of one or more of the Museum's 80 art and science galleries
• Art-making including drawing, painting, ceramics, printmaking, jewelry and sculpture
• Science labs such as nanotechnology, natural sciences, renewable energy and astronomy
• Makerspace workshops from low tech to high tech, from sewing to soldering to circuitry
• Performance art, including theater arts, dance and spoken word
• Planetarium shows in the Museum’s Alice & Leonard Dreyfuss Planetarium
• Glass working classes for campers ages 9 and up with GlassRoots
• Jazz concerts in the garden and the Newark Black Film Festival Youth Cinema
• Outdoor activities in the Museum’s sculpture garden
• Performance Showcase and Art Exhibitions of campers’ work on Fridays for parents
Per child, per week (9 am -4 pm)
LATE REGISTRATION FEES AFTER JULY 1:
Including families adding additional weeks
$280 per week for General Public
$260 per week for Museum Members and Newark Residents
EXTENDED DAY SUPERVISION
Priced separately, per child, per week
Pre-care 8-8:45am: $40 additional
Aftercare 4-4:45pm: $40 additional
Week 1: The "I am" Factor
July 8 -12
Experience the art of identity as we navigate through history. Let us hear your voice!
Week 2: Prismatic Shades
Shade, shade, shady. We will explore popular culture through a colorful lens. Be sure to catch the spectrum!
Week 3: Rise of the Machine
Rise up! Create, develop and design! Make a change in the world.
Week 4: Destination Imagination
July 29- August 2
Journey to the moon and back with your Museum passport. Dreaming of where you want to be; making it a reality.
Week 5: Memes and Beams
Beam me up! Teleport your tale by creating stories, stop motion animation, and memes inspired by the Museum’s collections.
Week 6: Life's a Party
Rock out to the last week of camp. Join the party as we recap a summer of fun!
For more information about the daily schedule and registration process,please click here.
For frequently asked questions about camp, please click here.