All professional development (PD) will be virtual for the upcoming 2020/2021 school year. The Newark Museum of Art will provide live virtual PD opportunities for educators, administrators and parents. TNMOA provides PDs that are instructional in project- and object-based learning, open questioning and use a hands-on approach. The goal of our professional development is to aid all life learners in best practices in progressive educational techniques and to understand how to use authentic objects as a primary teaching resource.
Private professional development opportunities
- Price: $50 per teacher, per workshop including curriculum packet with pre- and post-lessons
- Duration: 3-hour session
- Capacity: 25 participants maximum, 10 minimum
- To schedule a private professional development opportunity, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Public professional development workshops
- Price: $30 per teacher for scheduled events
- Capacity: 25 participants maximum
- Duration: 1½ hour session
Upcoming events include:
Early Childhood, April 14, 3pm
Programs encourage early childhood educators to explore the Museum collection virtually through storytelling and learn ways that they can incorporate the Museum as a resource to reinforce early childhood learning. Register here.