FREE Admission; Galleries open 5 pm; program begins 6 pm
Let’s go up, uP, UP!
Into the mountains, that is, through activities inspired by our new special exhibition, The Rockies and Alps: Bierstadt, Calame, and the Romance of the Mountains. Enjoy virtual reality mountain climbing, mountain wine tastings, live music, hip-hop Appalachian square-dancing workshops, and artmaking.
• So, you want to go up? Experience a virtual reality mountain climbing session.
• Feel the mountains come alive during a live music performance by The Ebony Hillbillies and alphorn musician, Dr. Schlosberg.
• Grab a partner and hit the dancefloor in a pop music Appalachian square dance workshop led by Pat Cannon’s Foot and Fiddle Dance Company.
• Explore the history of mountain wines in a tasting session led by Tim Hirsch of Grand Cru Wine Consulting.
• Prepare for mountain biking in a helmet customization workshop presented by Live from America and Girls on Bikes, founded by Kala LaFortune Reed.
• Plus, specially guided tours.
About Late Thursdays
Reinvent your Thursday evenings with the Newark Museum’s Late Thursdays. Relax after hours with creatively inspired social evenings that offer a fresh take on the Museum’s captivating collections, through a dynamic mix of music, food, drinks, art, and entertainment. Please note: Late Thursdays are designed for adult audiences.
Each evening focuses on a different topic or theme, generating a unique experience every time.