The PLACE Team seeks to deepen existing partnerships and create new connections through engagement with elected officials, arts organizations and social service agencies to foster community well-being.
Partnerships with Community Organizations
- In response to the crisis level of food insecurity in Newark as the result of the COVID-19 pandemic, The Newark Museum of Art has partnered with MEND (Meeting Essential Needs with Dignity) to provide groceries to nine food pantries throughout the city. Click here to learn more about MEND.
- Are you an artist in need of COVID-related assistance? Click here to view Newark Art’s comprehensive listing of resources.
Acknowledging our Neighbors for their Good Works During the Pandemic
- PSEG and Foundation Arm Announces $1M Commitment to Fight Racial Inequality [Read More]
- Newark Restaurants La Cocina and Robert’s Pizza [NY Times]
- All Points West Distillery manufactured hand sanitizer [Read More]
The Newark Museum of Art wishes to thank our local officials and State legislators for all they are doing on behalf of its citizens by introducing legislation to assist those affected financially, medically, educationally and nutritionally by the pandemic.
- Mayor Baraka’s moment of poetry [People Magazine]
- Mayor Ras Baraka Drops Timely Spoken Word Video, "What We Want" [Rolling Stone]
Community Engagement Initiatives
As part of the 75th Anniversary of New Jersey’s Law Against Discrimination, the New Jersey Division on Civil Rights launched the Youth Bias Task Force Competition to raise awareness of the impact of institutional bias on the state’s young people. The initiative received 175 student submissions between November 2020 and February 2021 by tapping into four creative approaches: Art, hashtags, slogans, videos. Artworks from this competition will drive community-centered multimedia campaigns to continue to spotlight issues of bias, stereotype, and prejudice across the state. #StopTheHate
- Newark Downtown District
NDD From the Heart Campaign
Aiding businesses and individuals impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic
Click here to donate.
Important Resources and Links