All professional development (PD) will be virtual for the upcoming 2020/2021 school year. The Newark Museum of Art will provide live virtual PD opportunities for educators, administrators and parents. TNMOA provides PDs that are instructional in project- and object-based learning, open questioning and use a hands-on approach. The goal of our professional development is to aid all life learners in best practices in progressive educational techniques and to understand how to use authentic objects as a primary teaching resource.
Private professional development opportunities
- Price: $50 per teacher, per workshop including curriculum packet with pre- and post-lessons
- Duration: 3-hour session
- Capacity: 25 participants maximum, 10 minimum
- To schedule a private professional development opportunity, contact: email@example.com
Public professional development workshops
- Price: $30 per teacher for scheduled events
- Capacity: 25 participants maximum
- Duration: 1½ hour session
Upcoming events include:
FREE Diversity and Inclusion Workshop, February 24, 2021, 1pm-4pm
Teachers are invited to discuss and learn how we can be inclusive in our instruction as well as content when teaching all subjects. Utilizing art, the museum team will provide collaborative opportunities to discuss how, why, and best practices in diversifying our content and approach to learning while being culturally sensitive to all backgrounds
Each NJ participant will receive 3 credit hours toward professional development.
Topics will include:
- What is Diversity & Inclusion and why is it important? the do's and don'ts
- The progression of Diversity & Inclusion. (including equity of culture, race, gender, etc.)
- How to incorporate Diversity & Inclusion into the curriculum and the classroom environment
FREE Early Childhood, April 14, 3-5pm
This professional development will encourage early childhood educators to explore the Museum collection virtually through storytelling, kinetic learning, and games. Participants will learn ways that they can incorporate the Museum as a resource to reinforce early childhood learning.
Each NJ Participant will receive 2 credit hours of Professional Development and will receive a certificate upon completion of the program.