All professional development (PD) will be virtual for the upcoming 2020/2021 school year. The Newark Museum of Art will provide live virtual PD opportunities for educators, administrators and parents. TNMOA provides PDs that are instructional in project- and object-based learning, open questioning and use a hands-on approach. The goal of our professional development is to aid all life learners in best practices in progressive educational techniques and to understand how to use authentic objects as a primary teaching resource.
Private professional development opportunities
- Price: $50 per teacher, per workshop including curriculum packet with pre- and post-lessons
- Duration: 3-hour session
- Capacity: 25 participants maximum, 10 minimum
- To schedule a private professional development opportunity, contact: email@example.com
Public professional development workshops
- Price: $30 per teacher for scheduled events
- Capacity: 25 participants maximum
- Duration: 1½ hour session
Upcoming events include:
Arts Integration, January 13, 3pm
Teachers will understand how to use arts integration in their curriculum and how to collaborate with other subject teachers to successfully include the arts into general learning. Register here.
Early Childhood, April 14, 3pm
Programs encourage early childhood educators to explore the Museum collection virtually through storytelling and learn ways that they can incorporate the Museum as a resource to reinforce early childhood learning. Register here.