NMOA provides professional development workshops that are instructional and hands-on in project- and object-based learning, as well as open questioning. The goal of our professional development sessions is to share best practices in progressive educational techniques with educators and help them understand how to use authentic objects as a primary teaching resource.
Participants will receive professional development hours and a certificate of continued education.
For more information or for customized professional development opportunities, email email@example.com
- Price: $15 per teacher for scheduled events ($12 for members, seniors & students)
- Capacity: 25 participants' max
- Duration: 1 hour and 30 min session
Upcoming in-person events include:
- Mindfulness, Identity and Social Emotional Learning, October 21, 4pm
Learn methods and skills to engage students to take a deeper look at authentic objects and facilitate conversations through mindfulness activities that address SEL and personal identity. Register
- Diversity and Inclusion, November 18, 4pm
Utilizing art, the museum team will provide collaborative opportunities to discuss best practices in diversifying our content and approach to learning while being culturally sensitive to all backgrounds. Register