Summer Learning Pods: Breaking Barriers
Join us this summer for learning pods. Learning pods offer a wonderful opportunity for small group instruction with an experienced Museum Educator in a safe environment. We will be building community through project-based learning where students can develop their skills and interact with students within their pods.
We will be hosting two pods a week for six weeks with seven students each. Students will be divided based on age. All students are required to wear a mask throughout the day and provide proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 PCR or rapid test prior to starting the program week. Students will have an hour break, which includes lunch and recess.
Pods will be limited to students ages 5 – 12
Pod learning day will start at 9am and end at 3:45pm.
Members - $270 per child, per week
General Public - $300 per child, per week
Each week we will explore a different theme!
- July 5 – July 9 | What would Greta do?: Our earth is always changing it is our responsibility to design and build a healthier future. Join us as we create innovative ways to improve our home planet. REGISTER
- July 12 – July 16 | Building bridges: We are all connected from our museum to your home, from skyscrapers to caves! Let’s make connections! REGISTER
- July 19 – July 23 | Whatcha say?: There’s nothing more powerful than the art of the spoken word. This week we will explore the beauty of language and logic. REGISTER
- July 26 – July 30 | Lift every voice: Join us as we share the stories and journeys of the past and explore our personal dreams for the future. REGISTER
- August 2 – August 6 | Warrior within: What does strength look like to you? Join us as we explore the measure of strength from all lenses using science, dance, and art. REGISTER
- August 9 – August 13 | My community, my world, and me: Celebrate our last week of camp as we honor all the things that make us unique and connect us. REGISTER
- Art Making – Make art inspired by our galleries! New projects every week!
- Science Experiments – Explore a variety of science topics from the comfort of your home!
- Maker – Learn different art techniques and create your own designs!
- Planetarium – Go beyond our planet and discover new worlds with our astronomer!
- Yoga – Introduction to child-friendly yoga
- Music & Movement – Learn quick dance routines while getting a workout in.
- Funday Fridays– Enjoy games, interactive activities, and so much more on Fridays!
Questions? Contact Jessica Nuñez at firstname.lastname@example.org.