Summer Learning Pods: Breaking Barriers
July 5-August 13, 2021
Join us this summer for learning pods. Learning pods offer a wonderful opportunity for small group instruction with an experienced Museum Educator in a safe environment. We will be building community through project-based learning where students can develop their skills and interact with students within their pods.
We will be hosting two pods a week for six weeks with seven students each. Students will be divided based on age. All students are required to wear a mask throughout the day and provide proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 PCR or rapid test prior to starting the program week. Students will have an hour break, which includes lunch and recess.
Pods will be limited to students ages 5–12. Pod learning day will start at 9am and end at 3:45pm.
Members - $270 per child, per week
General Public - $300 per child, per week
Scholarships Available! Email email@example.com for more information.
Each week we will explore a different theme!
- July 5 – July 9 | What would Greta do?: Our earth is always changing it is our responsibility to design and build a healthier future. Join us as we create innovative ways to improve our home planet.
- July 12 – July 16 | Building bridges: We are all connected from our museum to your home, from skyscrapers to caves! Let’s make connections!
- July 19 – July 23 | Whatcha say?: There’s nothing more powerful than the art of the spoken word. This week we will explore the beauty of language and logic.
- July 26 – July 30 | Lift every voice: Join us as we share the stories and journeys of the past and explore our personal dreams for the future.
- August 2 – August 6 | Warrior within: What does strength look like to you? Join us as we explore the measure of strength from all lenses using science, dance, and art.
- August 9 – August 13 | My community, my world, and me: Celebrate our last week of camp as we honor all the things that make us unique and connect us.
- Art Making – Make art inspired by our galleries! New projects every week!
- Science Experiments – Explore a variety of science topics!
- Maker – Learn different art techniques and create your own designs!
- Planetarium – Go beyond our planet and discover new worlds with our astronomer!
- Yoga – Introduction to child-friendly yoga
- Music & Movement – Learn quick dance routines while getting a workout in.
- Funday Fridays– Enjoy games, interactive activities, and so much more on Fridays!